1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 33 What changed in my life?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lydia, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

A lot has changed in my life!

I guess one of the major changes is that I don't care so much anymore about other people's opinions about me.
    Instead, I am more connected to myself and stay focussed on what nurtures me, and how the atmosphere is inside me.

From journaling and being attentive to emotional stuff that might be there, I see how I have developed in manifesting 'selfcare' in daily life. I take a break more easily when I am touched or upset. I am more honest about what's going on inside. I don't go on that long anymore, faking that I'm okay, until I'm exhausted or crying from frustration.

I also have much more trust in my body than 3 months ago. I do whatever I want to do, and trust that I can do it. Most of the time pain fades away quite soon, by not giving it too much attention. Fear melts away, when trust is there. And knowledge what to do in those painful moments: firmly talking, being interested in emotional stuff etc.

2. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

I can totally relate to the trust part you mentioned, Lydia. We have to rewire our brains into trusting the healthiness of our bodies. The Sarno videos always remind me that our bodies have a miraculous capacity for healing. Long-term pain not related to infections/tumors doesn't make very much sense, outside of the TMS diagnosis. Our bones heal in a few WEEKS. Our cuts heal in a matter of DAYS. It's much more likely that these structural changes seen in MRI's cause numbness and loss of range of motion than chronic pain. For myself, I have to be reminded of this often, especially during pain-filled times.

3. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Hi, thanks for your reply! I am not sure if I understand you well. However, for me it makes absolutely sense that resolving underlying conflicts and repressed emotions, will help to heal tumors and infections more quickly and easily too. I've tried TMS with a painful tooth-infection in the last 2 weeks, and it works! I used to go to the dentist, and you know what they will do to take the pain away. So I am grateful and happy about all my new insights.

4. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Have you read Sarno's books? When he examined patients, he wanted to rule out serious conditions before giving them the TMS diagnosis. There are some conditions that can cause chronic pain that are unrelated to TMS. He was convinced that most chronic pain was TMS though. If patients were open to that idea, he proceeded. Sarno believes that the body heals from injuries quickly, and that long term pain points to TMS and not structural or degenerative problems. Hope that helps clarify what I was trying to say.

- Matt

5. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Yes, I've read them all. Beautiful. Thanks for your effort to clarify your former words. English is not my first language, which can make it sometimes bit difficult to really understand what people are saying (-:

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hy, Lydia. I stay away from doctors and dentists. A cancer surgeon wanted to open my neck because he saw a pimple on it. I insisted on a culture being taken first and it turned out to be just a tiny water blister. No operation! A dentist told me five years ago that I needed five cavity fillings. I said I'd wait for a toothache. I haven't had a toothache all those years. Now dentists tell patients they need root canals. Those were never hear of until the last 10 years or so. They put lots of dollars in dentists' pockets.

Matt is right. The body does heal itself. And it helps to know pain most often comes from our emotions.

Give yourself a rest and enjoy the blessings of Easter/Hanukkah.

7. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Yes, me too!!!! Enjoy Easter too, Walt!