1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What are you proud of?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Becca, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Becca

Becca Well known member

SeptemberReflection 900x600.jpg

Sometimes in the healing process we only see how much farther we have to go, and forget how far we have come. As this infographic says, take some time to reflect on this past month. What are you proud of? Whether it’s something small or something big, it’s always something worth recognizing.

Thinking back on this month, I am proud of myself for surviving these four week without my best friend, who moved to Dallas, and without my twin sister, who moved to California. I’m proud that so far, I’m not letting my perfectionism get the best of me, which was a major concern of mine as school started up this month. I'm proud that I'm continuing to eat healthily and lose weight, even though it's been a pretty stressful month, and in the past my food choices while stressed have been less than ideal. Most of all, though, I’m proud to say I’m being kinder to myself than I was a month ago, and I'm really beginning to treat myself with the respect I deserve.

What are you proud of?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A great post, Becca, and reminding us to pat ourselves on the back for any number of reasons.
    It isn't easy losing a best friend or sister when they move away.

I grew up with my folks moving my older sister and brother and me from one apartment to
    another every years or two. My strongest memories of childhood are of sitting on the tail gate of
    a movers' truck waving goodbye to my friends. I found new ones in the new neighborhood but
    missed the old ones. That has gone on all my life, friends moving away, especially if they move
    out of state.

So you can be proud of yourself for not letting those moves get you too down. It's natural to feel
    the loss, but their leaving doesn't end the relationships. Thank heaven for the telephone, in all its
    new technologies, e-mail, and for those who like it, Facebook and Twitter.

What I am I proud of right now? I'm proud I've made it halfway through my 83rd year and
    healed from my back pain, thanks to TMS and TMSWiki friends like you, Herbie, Forest, Steve, and others.

Becca likes this.