1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What a difference a nylon sox makes...!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Renate, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

first I want to thank you all for your postings here in the forum! They a very helpfull!!
    I hope you don't mind the faults in my post, my mother language is German...

Since I discovered that my foot pain is TMS I have made some (small) progress: I can take a shower without flip-flops (sounds funny, I know), and twice a day I can make a little walk of 10-12 minutes. Before, I could walk 1-2 minutes. And I can stand an little longer.

Now I discovered something strange: when I walk with nylon sox on, my foot begins to hurt. When I walk barfeoot in my shoes, it hurts less. I know it is TMS and it is ridiculous that my pain depends on a thin nylon sox. I don' want my foot to get the power over me and tell me what kind of shoes and sox/ no sox I shall wear.
    Has anyone an idea how I can overcome this situation ??

And another question: I can take a little walk twice a day, when I do it a third time, the next two days
    I have so much pain that it is not possible to take a walk. But I would like to walk more and I am frustrated, because since 3months I can do it only twice a day...

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

If it's TMS, your socks have nothing to do with it. It just shows how weird, the gremlin that occupies our sub-conscious minds can be creating this weird shit. You are making progress, stick with it. If you have access to a pool, try walking in it or get a flotation belt and try walking or running in the deep end. You will also be exercising your upper body in the pool due to the resistance of the water.

Try going barefoot, it's called "earthing". I just played barefoot on some lovely grass tennis-courts, the people around me were all wearing shoes, I have no idea why anyone would want to wear shoes while playing on grass courts.

3. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Thank you Tennis Tom! Maybe I didn't explain my problem very well. The question is not what else I should do with my foot, but what I could tell my brain and my foot.
    Now my foot tells me " these shoes without socks are ok, the sandalls are better, but no sox!, and, no, closed shoes-never. ....The consequence will be that in winter I will walk with flip-flops because all other shoes cause too much pain!

Does anyone else know this problem?

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Renate. Just keep telling yourself the nylon socks have nothing to do with your pain.
    I like Tennis Tom's suggestion about walking in water. Not ON water, of course! haha