1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 WHAT A DAY!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Layne, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Layne

Layne Well known member

Well on day 16 I am supposed to post about whether or not I have told anyone about the condition and TMS. Of course! I'm not ashamed of it. I told my mom, hoping I could spark some sort of interest in her because I see many TMS symptoms in her and I want her to want help like I do. I have also told my naturopath and my best friend. They are all really supportive. I have a few really really solid relationships in my life and I am SO grateful.

Now, in more interesting news...

Today has been a very enlightening day. I am reading "Waking the Tiger..." by Peter Levine and it is really, really helpful and I have no doubt that I am going to get a lot of information from the book. In fact, as I was reading there was a time when I sat the book down because I was feeling anxious. I closed my eyes and watched the pain move around my body. It started in my stomach and I addressed it, then it moved to my head and I addressed it, then to my sinuses, then to my stomach, then my chest, then I felt the fatigue. It was fascinating to watch this cycle! It happened several times and I just kept watching and addressing.

I have also been watching "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay and I have learned so much! I just got the audio book so I'm going to listen ASAP. But it was because of the interview with Mona Lisa Schultz that I began exploring my symptoms as intuition and in relation to my Chakras. I don't know that I completely believe in the Chakra system but I do believe that things like that can give clues to how things "really" are. I am trying to figure out the symptoms as symbols. For example; one symptom of IBS is gas and that produces pressure. What is pressure? I think of it as conflict. So what if the gas is indicative of conflict? What is conflicting about my emotions? What is creating internal pressure? I am constantly second guessing myself. I also have a lot of all or nothing, black and white thinking. I haven't quite figured this out, but maybe someone has an insight into it...

I also realized several things about myself today. My identification of feelings, sensations, emotions, etc... is becoming more more fine-tuned. And, I still think a lot, but now it's less intellectual and more feeling, which I believe is beneficial.

Such a good day.

Eddie and MorComm like this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Peer Supporter

I also noticed a fine tuning of my ability to identify and understand my emotions. TMS really is a blessing in disguise!

I would of never thought like this when I was going through intense bouts of deblitating hip and lower back pain but as I continue on my journey, I have come to realise that the pain is just there to distract me from my emotions! Work on your emotional side and you simultaneously work on the physical pain or conditions created through these suppressed or unaddressed emotions. I still have a long way to go but I'm confident I will recovery 100%

Good luck