1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 What a day so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, May 10, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

I have spent a lot of time today reading. A lot more than I did yesterday on day one. Also spent a significant time writing which I haven't really done in a while. By significant I only mean 2 or three pages. For me that's a lot considering the pain I get. Last night at work the pain in my right hand was pretty severe but my left was fine(my left has been the main problem for two years). Today the pain in my right is gone but it's back in my left index finger lol. My hands feel really shaky now. Way to much stress so far today so I'm going to take a break now. Work in the evening

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jwiles.

Your subconscious is moving your pain around so you discover the emotion(s) causing it.
    The SEP program is going to help you in this.
    But take your time. If you spend more than an hour on SEP each day or thinking about your pain,
    you just keep it going. Try to spend most of your time relaxing, meditating, or doing what gives you pleasure.

Try to enjoy each day and live in the present, not the past or future, but do spend some time thinking about
    what troubles you and causes you to have TMS pain. Journaling is a great way to discover this. You may
    not think so, but often our repressed emotion is anger, a result of years of pushing out of our mind anxieties
    from as far back as our childhood. Something recent may have triggered those negative emotions.

Today is Mother's Day, so remember your mother, whether you love(d) her or not.
    Mothers, like dogs, mean well but may not always perform up to our expectations.