1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What’s going on with me??

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Wishfulthinking, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Wishfulthinking

Wishfulthinking New Member

Hello,

First time posting on here, hoping to get some reassurance that what I am experiencing is TMS so I can start on my healing journey. I’ve had a myriad of symptoms that started February 2020. My symptoms include vertigo, nausea, back pain, jaw pain, twitching ALL OVER my body, numbness, chest pain/pressure, IBS, tingling, rib pain, pins and needles, palpitations, anxiety, random chills, facial pressure, and the list goes on…I’m pretty sure I had COVID in January 2020, but there were not enough tests to confirm. I got a positive Covid test 1/2021 (likely second time contracting the virus).
    Anyhow the symptoms I’ve outlined are intermittent. I can have back pain for two days then it’s gone, I’ll be ok for 3 days but then I’ll start with chest pain for 5 days then it goes away and then I’ll have some other weird symptom that takes over. It seems like my different parts of my body take turns affecting me physically. There are even days (like today) where I’ll have jaw pain in the morning, by mid day I’m having random chills, and by night it’s my back that hurts. All three In the same day!
    Is this TMS?? I’ve been to several doctors, neurologists had MRI CT SCANS done, but everything comes back normal. The only thing that they’ve found is that my glucose levels are pretty low, so I’ll be seeing an endocrinologist soon.

I’m curious if anyone has had a similar experience. Is this TMS or maybe long Covid?? Am I the only one with so many debilitating symptoms that change from day to day? Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  2. NCGal

NCGal New Member

I’m replying to bump this up with the hope that more experienced members have some thoughts.

3. Mr Hip Guy

Mr Hip Guy Well known member

My opinion is that symptoms-jumping-around isn't a reason to discount as TMS, but more a reason to reassure that it is TMS. Think about it, if these were serious issues then they wouldn't manifest themselves in this on/off fashion. So if you're getting checked out by doctors to rule out things like tumors, cancer, etc and that comes back clear then dive into TMS therapy.

Celayne likes this.
  4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I've gotten symptoms like this and I felt unproductive and exhausted for months. It's frustrating when it doesn't seem to respond right away to treatment/therapy.

This can happen after Long Covid due to stress, and this is also when TMS gets really bad while you're worried about multiple things. You're probably dealing with multiple stressful things in your life and worrying about your health on top of that. Please take care of your routine, your relationships with yourself and others, and your work/finances/responsibilities- are those areas doing ok or are they being impacted?

5. Wishfulthinking

Wishfulthinking New Member

Hi @Balsa11

Thankfully there are no issues with relationships, or finances, the obvious stressor at this time is this never-ending pandemic and the worry of my kids who are too young to be vaccinated and others in my family getting the virus and them going through what I’ve been through. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone!! I’m always worried about catching it again and bringing it home to my kids, or them catching it at school/daycare. I’m sure this doesnt do ANY good with the symptoms I’m having, in fact it is likely exacerbating them. I’ve tried meditating and doing some deep breathing exercises but I just don’t see any progress as of yet. I’m on the waiting list for TMS therapy, hoping I can start soon…