1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Well here I go

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Dennis177, May 18, 2017.

1. Dennis177

Dennis177 Newcomer

I've been struggling with sciatica for almost six weeks now. I listen to Howard Stern a lot, so I bought Dr. Sarno's books and here I am. I know I have a lot of repressed anger and am looking to release it in the hopes of curing my pain. I quit drinking because I know this was fueling my emotional repressions. Had a real bad childhood and know this also leads to my emotional dysfunction. I've been unable to work, so in order to get paid I have to have a Dr's excuse. For some reason while typing this my pain is getting worse. Will be back tomorrow.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dennis. I'm glad you discovered Dr. Sarno and TMS by listening to Howard Stern, but suggest you don't watch him anymore, and no television news, and even no television at all. It's mostly mindless crap that just depresses us and makes us angry. I get what news I want from the network web sites, and try not to do that much. I found that journaling in the SEProgram was the most helpful for me healing from severe back pain.
    I discovered I was repressing anger and feelings of abandonment and insecurity from my parents' divorcing when I was seven. Journaling about it led me to understanding them better and forgiving them. Forgiving is a very big part in healing. It's good you stopped drinking, because it contributes to depression. But it's okay and relaxing to have a glass or two of red wine before or with dinner. I also suggest having a cup of hot milk, with a little honey, when you feel up-tight and especially before going to bed at night.

3. Dennis177

Dennis177 Newcomer

Thanks Walt. I really shouldn't drink because it tends to become a big problem for me, but thanks. I like your advice about watching TV though. I don't do that much, but I read the papers all the time and am a political junkie. Think it's time to scale that way back.
    Just finished day 2's reading but can't find the place to post for it. Frustrating, but not letting it increase my pain.
    Nice meeting you.