1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Weird Burning Side Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by FredAmir, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hello everyone,

Recently my mother was hospitalized due to high fever, high blood pressure, and difficulty breathing. I flew down to Santa Monica to be with her. All tests were normal and her symptoms were attributed to a virus.

Few days after my return home my mother-in-law had a stroke. I was back to the hospital in caregiving mode and now she is in a rehab center.

Few days after my mother-in-law had a stroke, on a Saturday morning I woke up with pain on the left side of my neck. I knew right away it was TMS at work. Seeing my mother and then my mother-in-law suffering had taken its toll on me. I kept fighting my neck pain mentally and physically all day. By Saturday night it was 90% better.

Then I woke up on Sunday morning with a weird burning pain sensation on the left side of my waist down to my foot. It was extremely uncomfortable. Despite all my effort it was not going away.

So I had to get on my Rapid Recovery plan and bring out the ice cream bar.

When I woke up Monday morning the weird burning pain was completely gone and I sure enjoyed my ice cream.

So why am I telling you this story?

I am asked all the time by my seminars participants and my clients if once they recover rapidly, will they be pain-free forever.

That answer is clear: it depends on the level of stress and tension in your life. So if have a stressful episode, you can have TMS symptoms.

If you expect to never have TMS symptoms, you set yourself up for a major disappointment. Dr. Sarno mentions many of his own TMS symptoms in his books, ranging from leg pain and tooth ache to digestive problems.No one is immune from this human condition.

If you understand that just as there is no such a thing as a problem-free life, you realize that there is also no such a thing as a TMS-free life, then you prepare and train yourself to deal with both as an empowered, resourceful individual.

So instead of relying on wishful thinking (I will never have pain again), you will rely on your strengths to deal with whatever life throws at you.

That way you empower yourself to stay positive, present, and powerful.

MWsunin12, tgirl, Steve J. and 2 others like this.
  2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Hi Fred.

It is tough to see parents we love have a difficult time. I hope your Mother stays well and your Mother in law recovers soon from her stroke and that your wife is also doing well during this time her Mother is in rehab.

I find your perspective and writing refreshing and I just purchased on Amazon your book Rapid Recovery and Steve Ozanich's Great Pain Deception.

Best.

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

God I wish I could breakout a ice cream bar, I would buy the whole market if it could relieve my burning pain...lol

BeWell and tgirl like this.
  4. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Boston Redsox.

Get yourself ice cream bar and enjoy it like your burning pain is a thing of the past. At least pretend in that moment your pain is gone completely and tell your brain, SUCKER!

Boston Redsox likes this.
  5. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Fred

Like you new website alot of great information

6. filipe

filipe Peer Supporter

is TMS

7. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Thanks Marco. Hope you find something exciting to brighten your day, like ice cream!

Boston Redsox likes this.