1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Weights training on painful muscles?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Jul 4, 2017.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hi,

Just started doing some light weight training, I seem to get pain and tightness in my gluten calf's and quads. Would u advise me to avoid training these particular muscles or just go for it.

Thx

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Sounds like just normal muscle stiffness after not having worked out for a while. Just pace yourself and keep going in my opinion. Enjoy getting stronger!

Bodhigirl likes this.
  3. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Good for you! When sore, I always drink extra water and stretch. Do weights every other day other than core. Stretching is key... I do yoga during my meditation which unifies mind and body, calming both.

4. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Thx for reply, my glute, quad and calf tightness/pain is due to TMS not weights, not really worked on these areas this year but was wondering if I shud work on the areas that my TMS is commonly affecting or shud I leave them until my success story gets written??
    Thx

5. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Ah. I see. Sarno said to get over the feat of hurting those places. When my pelvic floor went bonkers a few years ago, the best cure was galloping uphill, hard, sitting the saddle instead of standing. I was in faith that Sarno and the others are right. And they were.
    Go gently, but go would be my counsel. Our belief system is the problem and not our glutes and quads et al.

birdsetfree likes this.
  6. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Sorry I didn't realise those were your tms symptoms. Then yes I agree with Bodhigirl, you should not avoid doing anything physical because you want to expose your fear brain and overcome it. A lot of tms'ers find exercise a great tool in beating tms.