1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 7 Week 1 in the Books

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jrid32, Dec 21, 2015.

1. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

Well I'm 7 days into the process and remain hopeful! I haven't had any relief of pain yet but find myself mustering up some old triggers and life events that may have played a role in repressed emotions. On the contrary, I still have issues realizing what events have and which ones have not played a role. Does that make sense?

I have realized that I am a constant worrier, have anxiety issues, am stoic, and put pressure on myself to succeed (in most things but not all).

Here's to hoping for a breakthrough in week 2!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi,jrid. You are among those who hope to heal from TMS pain right away, but unfortunately they are in the minority. Most take longer, as I did,
    but keep thinking positive and you are going to heal.

You may not have any repressed emotions. It's enough to be a worrier, have anxiety, be a stoic, and put success pressure on yourself. Maybe try to modify those character traits. Lighten up on yourself halfway and see what a difference it makes.

Try to do things that make you happy and feel good. Treat yourself to something, even something small and easy.
    Merry ho ho to you!

jrid32 likes this.
  3. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

'I have realized that I am a constant worrier, have anxiety issues, am stoic, and put pressure on myself to succeed (in most things but not all).'
    It sounds like you are describing me Jirid!
    Realizing character traits are a good step forward and so important for healing. Just carry on with the programme and see where it leads you. If you feel pulled towards certain things, then get books, cds or whatever helps you. I found I needed to meditate a lot at first - I just needed that 'time out' from all the thinking. Guided meditations helped me not slip back into a whirl of thinking and let my psyche relax. I also needed extra help with all the anger... I looked at several books before I found one that helped me deal with the anger in the right way for me.(Scott Brady 'Pain Free For Life)
    Also whilst personalizing the process to suit you - it is vitally important to take time out - to walk in nature, to do fun things, don't allow yourself to get bogged down in TMS stuff all the time.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    Moppy and jrid32 like this.