1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Week 0 and day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mstlymebutmstlyu, Apr 19, 2014.

1. mstlymebutmstlyu

mstlymebutmstlyu New Member

I am extremely thankful for finding this forum. I knew in my heart that I had the ability to heal myself and I set out to find the answers on how to make that possible

Upon discovering TMS I was still skeptical. I mean I has a MRI that showed a massive disc extrusion compressed on the spinal nerves which was said to be causing severe spasms around my anus, glutes and electrifying shocks down my legs. My legs were burning and foot is numb with no reflex. I mean this was scary stuff. I was told to go for immediate surgery or I was risking paralysis. I find a good chiropractor and despite how painful the adjustment was he was the only one who has hope for me. He was very positive and made me feel great and optimistic. Only after two weeks of adjustments I stayed the same. Everyday I wasn't different I got depressed sad and angry. I feared what my life would be like.

I now stopped all therapy and I am seeing a psychotherapist to help me through my feelings and to be more present. The TMS material is making my diagnosis that it's more psychological has given me hope and motivation.

I have to overcome the feelings that I can't be healed and that it cannot happen to me. But I know it will be alright.

Baseball's success story was powerful and I hope to write my own someday. I look forwArd to being a better me, to be more forgiving, to not dwell or take anything for granted. Right now I cannot tie my own shoes but I will.

:)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You sound like me when I started. When you have belief like that, you will heal fine. It's the doubts that are the set - backs but give yourself the flexibility ok. See yourself in your imagination doing all the things you want to do that makes you happy and believe its real as of now till you work into the picture. You will heal gradually and you will have plenty of questions. That's a great secret, questions.
    Glad your hear bless you.