1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

weed marijuana pot bud grass herb dope homegrown etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by learningmore, Jan 14, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

Have you guys found this helps or hurts? Edibles or flower?

I seem to notice some (POSSIBLY) tms issues starting around the time I started using edibles, but I wonder just now as I planned making this thread that it might be because I subconsciously feel guilty using weed so it didn't have a good effect.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

When I had fibromyalgia (TMS) weed seemed to make me feel worse. Now that I'm free of TMS, weed doesn't bring TMS on for me.

3. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

so weird but i agree~ weed does NOT relieve my TMS symptoms. in fact, i’ve found it oddly makes them worse! i don’t know why… but it does!

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

5. QualityAssured

QualityAssured New Member

I can echo your replies as well, for whatever reason my nerve pain skyrockets with even a very low dosage of THC.

6. JanAtheCPA

I wonder how much these negative reactions are related to anxiety? I think that's true for me. The first time I encountered powerful weed, probably in the early 1970s (as opposed to the "dirt weed" we smoked in high school, which did almost nothing) it really freaked me out and I basically never smoked again. I've never imbibed much alcohol in my lifetime, for the same reason. Since legalization I've tried edibles a few times in small amounts but I don't experience stress reduction, it makes me feel off balance, and overall I don't enjoy it - which I am fairly sure is due to anxiety, constant monitoring, etc.

We know that TMS and anxiety go hand in hand, along with overly-sensitized nervous systems.

7. jaumeb

jaumeb Peer Supporter

Some 20 years ago tried a little bit of marijuana and that time it helped with my symptoms. Maybe the reason is that I had a good time with friends.

Now I stay away from all kinds of drugs. Even alcohol. One day I had a beer "to relax" and it turned out to be a bad idea.

8. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, cannabis (and many other substances, like alcohol, cafeine, cigarettes, etc.) can affect symptoms (emotions!) both positively and negatively, depending on the mood you're in already and the strain of cannabis involved.
    Anxiety is definitely involved in this. Certain strains of cannabis can elevate anxiety, while others don't or even dampen it. If you want to use it anyway, go for CBD strains as research clearly shows that a good amount of CBD reduces the risk of getting anxious from THC. There are also a couple of websites on which users describe their experience with almost every strain available; could be helpful in order to avoid the ones that are pretty psychoactive and pick the ones on which there is concensus that it calms you down and offers a mild, positive experience overall.

I once saw a documentary about the cannabis-industry in the US. I was pretty astounded by the amount of THC that they usually put in edibles. Personally I wouldn't touch them ever, if only for the fact that edibles cause a much longer lasting effect when than vaping or smoking.

I like the fact that you wonder about guilt/shame about using it. It could make you feel guilty about being absent or mentally unavailable to other people, about fleeing from certain problems/emotions instead of dealing with them, ....

Just want to mention the video's by Gabor Mate on Youtube here in case you feel cannabis (or any other substance) might have become a problem for you.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. JanAtheCPA

This thread is now locked. The last four posts are spam, and I believe the legitimate responses here do an excellent job of answering the initial question.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.