1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding in 1 month!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kindle123, Mar 18, 2019.

1. kindle123

kindle123 Peer Supporter

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member of this forum now over a year, I have had multiple TMS related issues and some major ones that I have been successful with tackling. I am getting married in exactly 1 month and trying to keep my stress level at bay, not only am I getting married im also moving to a different country. I am trying to keep up with my TMS coping skills but started to have slight flare ups, for the past 2 days my plantar fasciitis symptoms are coming back where as I have been pain free for the past 7 months.
    I am not trying to think about things or catastrophising the thoughts that randomly show up. But I feel like there is a missing piece to my situation right now. Having read the books where they say marriage is one of the biggest life changing events, so how do I deal with something that is actually making me so happy but at the same time throwing me in an emotional roller coaster ☹️

2. kindle123

kindle123 Peer Supporter

No one??????

3. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Hi Kindle, I actually eloped and moved to California from the UK in 1977. I cancelled my wedding since everyone in my family opposed my choice of wife and new country. You can read about this in my crappy bio (Last para) What a joke:).

TMS is about following your instincts that deep little voice inside that speaks through all the conflict and doubt. Anxiety is considered here a form of pain.

I agree indeed, you are tackling two of the most stressful of life’s events. There is a chart in the following link that Tennis Tom gets credit for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale (Holmes and Rahe stress scale - Wikipedia)

Most of us here are also seeking that missing piece of the puzzle. I urge you to stay here watch, post and learn, you are not alone, despite lack of answers.

Good luck with your choices, and welcome

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. kindle123

kindle123 Peer Supporter

Thank you so so much for your reply