1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Weak leg and I have fallen

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Moroso1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Moroso1

Moroso1 Newcomer

I've been dealing with I'm really bad TMS attack. I know that it's TMS because I've had lower back pain forever but this time it attacked by giving me ache in my in pain in my hip my left buttock and my left leg. What has me so scared this time is while I know it's TMS my thigh gets very tight and tense like I can't stand on it and I have fallen twice. I feel shaky on my legs on using a walking stick just to balance. I was relieved in a sense by saying that other people have had the same exact symptoms with TMS so I know I'm not unique in any way then it's just my subconscious trying to overpower me and get me the focus off of rage and pain in different things that Dr Sarno says. I'm struggling with feelings of fear depression anxiety and Desperation. I have a bad anxiety and panic disorder what you got them finding out is not unique with people that have TMS and I sure could use any tips or help in order to get this one to stop so my leg will be strong and I can go back to walking like a normal person. It's terrifying at 60 years old and 300 pounds hitting the ground as it's very hard to get back up. I have lost over 50 lb and I am going to keep going on my diet until I get back down to 180 pounds I'm determined but that will take a long time so in the interim I need to have this TMS attack stop. Any suggestions or help you could give me would be truly appreciated.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr Sarno 12 daily reminders

The pain is due to TMS, not to a structural abnormality

The direct reason for the pain is mild oxygen deprivation

TMS is a harmless condition caused by my repressed emotions

The principal emotion is my repressed ANGER

TMS exists only to distract my attentions from the emotions

Since my back (replace with whatever pain you’ve got) is basically normal there is nothing to fear

Therefore, physical activity is not dangerous

And I MUST resume all normal physical activity

I will not be concerned or intimidated by the pain

I will shift my attention from pain to the emotional issues

I intend to be in control-NOT my subconscious mind

I must think Psychological at all times, NOT physical.

HattieNC, nowa and TG957 like this.