1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Ways to Unwind

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Simplicity, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

These are activities I enjoy:

Coloring Mandalas
    [​IMG]

Coloring Isn't Just For Kids. It Can Actually Help Adults Combat Stress

-

Knitting
    [​IMG]

6 Unexpected Benefits of Knitting

-

Mindful Nature Walking

[​IMG]

Mindful Nature Walking One Step at a Time

-

I should mention that in the beginning of my tms/mbs journey I couldn't do these activities for very long due to the pain, but I managed to gradually increase the length of each session and I now do them without feeling much discomfort.

More tips & ideas are very welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
    Sienna, Boston Redsox and Forest like this.
  2. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
    Sienna and giantsfan like this.
  3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I like this thread, Simplicity. Hopefully others will add their favourite soother activities.

I knit too. Sometimes it brings lots of frustration as I make lots of errors and have to correct them but I tell myself, relax, it's only yarn.

Gardening - that's a real issue for me. I am prone to taking out my frustrations on the weeds to the point where I do hurt myself. I call it 'gardening with a vengeance'. I'm now more mindful and watch my thoughts, keeping them as thoughts instead of transferring them to my trowel-wielding hand.

Over the last few months I've been buying puzzle magazines. I particularly like the codeword ones. They are a welcome antidote to anger, guilt, worry and rumination. All that just melts away. Then it's time to make dinner....actually I enjoy cooking too so that's okay.;)

Sienna and Simplicity like this.
  4. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

Guitar. Acoustic or electric, doesn't matter. Hands down, guitar. It's my little oasis.

Hiking in nature is a good one too.

Here's a pic from today! Parker's butt is in the way lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Sienna, yb44 and Simplicity like this.
  5. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

@yb44 - Thank you. I agree, knitting isn't always relaxing... for example, when you've knitted for an hour and you realize you made an error and you've done all that work for nothing... ugghh... but then, it's an excellent opportunity to work on a zen attitude. :) 'Gardening with a vengeance' - LOL. I love doing puzzles too, they are so much fun!

@giantsfan - I wish I could play the guitar! It's something I've always wanted to learn. Hiking is the best! Love that photo. :)

Sienna and giantsfan like this.
  6. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

giantsfan and Simplicity like this.
  7. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest