1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Was doing well, and then...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by riv44, Aug 5, 2015.

1. riv44

riv44 Well known member

I fell off my bike on the way to the gym and landed in a way that whacked my neck and shoulders, same place where I have had my chronic pain! My lock got caught in the spokes- I was about to fix it when I saw it dangling, and over the handlebars I went. Freud said there are no accidents, but sometimes, stuff happens! It's ironic and distressing and pulls me back into worrying about what further damage is done. I'm quite bruised and need a hug.

I went to the gym anyway- did the footwork, didn't move my arms.

Even though it was an accident & nothing's broken, a negative spiral is looming.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Don't think negative. Think the fall did not cause anything serious. If bad pain persists, check with your doctor.
    Meanwhile, buy some Epsom salts and soak in a warm tub for a while. That healed me after a real bad fall in which my
    whole body was black and blue. In two days I was like new again. Epsom salts if magnesium sulfate which help our bodies to heal and properly utilize 325 parts of our body. Most everyone is deficient in it. I use an Epsom salt foot bath regularly and also spray Magnesium oil on my arms and legs which soaks right into the blood stream. Swanson sells a real good Mag oil for a few bucks. Maybe try it.

But think positive. Forget the fall off the bike. Your pain is most likely TMS.