1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

wandering symptoms means we won?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by COgirl05, Dec 21, 2015.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

My symptoms are now changing rapidly... How does that mean I've won the battle?

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

If something is structually wrong - a broken arm for instance. Just the arm will hurt and gradually it will heal until the pain is gone. With TMS we get pain everywhere and anywhere. When we confront the pain by working on ourselves - it can sort of 'panic' and move from place to place. Now, our whole bodies cannot be broken and then fixed that quickly, so obviously the pain is due to something other than structural damage....
    If you are experiencing pain you have had move from place to place, then you must be challenging the pain - if you have been reading Sarno or doing the Structured Educational Programme on TMS WIKI, or just thinking about your past emotions and character traits, this is likely why the pain is moving. It feels 'caught out' - it does not exist except to distract you from dealing with your repressed emotions.
    So you are being successful . Keep on with your TMS work and hopefully your pain will then disappear. this can happen quickly or may take a lot of time, we are all different. Good luck

3. David88

David88 Well known member

It means that your symptoms are TMS for sure, because structural injuries don't move around like that.

It doesn't necessarily mean that your work is done yet. You will get more and more relief as you deal with the psychology that's causing the symptoms. But it's a huge battle won. You've unmasked TMS by challenging the symptoms and getting them to move around. The more you can do this, the more your confidence in the diagnosis will grow.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Cogirl. I like Hecate's and David's replies to you. Dr. Sarno has made a life study of the MindBody connection and assures us that as we discover the emotional causes of our pain, our subconscious moves pain around until it is satisfied that we have discovered the emotions causing our pain, then it stops the pain. I find it very healing to believe this.

5. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

Thanks for the responses. My pain is wandering around my back like crazy. Today it's back spasms which I've gotten 3 times since the birth of my son 6 weeks ago. I think that stress of having a baby and figuring out life with 2 kids is what is the emotional problem. I have to try really hard not to indulge in fear and preoccupation. I got pretty good at doing it with my original SI joint pain but since it's moved, I'm pretty preoccupied with it and needing more reassurance. I know spasms won't last forever though. There has been several times in the past months where I've been almost ready to write my success story or think to myself "I think I'm beating this." Without fail, when I have these thoughts, the TMS is back and then I find myself questioning if this is ever going away. Did you guys feel that way? Any advice for that?