1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Walking

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tarala, Sep 29, 2012.

1. tarala

tarala Well known member

I've been walking since starting this program two days ago. Not much, about 15 minutes. It's scary, because it almost always increases the pain in my sacroiliac joint, and the sciatica in my left leg. But I really enjoy it while I'm doing it, and have read some of the posts about if it's not bad while walking, but gets worse later, that is likely to be TMS. I find thoughts going through my mind like, 'a badly strained SI ligament,' and try to replace them with 'think about my emotions, not my pain.' But if people who have had much worse pain can get through it, I'm willing to give it a go. Nothing else has worked anyway, so not much to lose.

Susan likes this.