1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Walking and Reading The Divided Mind

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lenny_2.0, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Lenny_2.0

Lenny_2.0 New Member

Starting the six week program and reading The Divided Mind. My running ended 16 months ago amidst conscious emotional turmoil with plantar fasciitis and a burning pain in my right ankle. I've tried PT, herbs, accupuncture, orthotics, night splint, aspirin and rest with only moderate improvement. Even though my ankles burn and my hips are sore, I'm walking every morning. What gives me hope is that the pain moves around, and by the end of my walk it has lessened. The next step (literally) is to remove the orthotics I've been wearing and start building up the muscles in my feet. I firmly believe in Dr. Sarno's work and am looking forward to following his program.

Seraphina and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey, Lenny_2.0 ( love your name!),

Welcome to the Forum! You have a great attitude and working on the SEP will assure your continued progress. Keep us posted on how you're doing, and feel free to reach out for support or ask questions at any time. There are many knowledgeable and caring folks on the Forum who will be glad to support you.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lenny. I join Ellen and everyone welcoming you to the forum and to the SEP program. It will lead you
    through the TMS healing techniques. Journaling helped me greatly to overcome severe back pain.
    It led me to think back about my boyhood that Steve Ozanich said was "a perfect storm" for TMS.
    Journaling led me to better understand my parents and older brother and to forgive them for stresses
    that I repressed for years. Forgiveness led me to become pain free. The SEP can be the perfect start for
    you to heal from TMS pain. Good luck and keep confident that you are going to soon be a healthier,
    happier man.