1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Walk and then write...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BloodMoon, Aug 21, 2018.

1. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Rainstorm B likes this.
  2. Rainstorm B

Rainstorm B Peer Supporter

Thanks for this - I just tried it! I was in a bad way when I read it and it made a lot of sense so thought I’d just try it there and then. Walked for half an hour with a memory that was bugging me and the associated feelings and it was pretty amazing. Lots of other feelings and realisations unfolded as I walked. I started feeling better towards the end of the walk - less anger, less pain. I sat and wrote for maybe ten mins afterwards too.
    Feels like some unravelling of old old stuff (oh, how much of this stuff is there...??!)
    I’m definitely going to try it again and will report back. It feels good! Thanks again @BloodMoon

BloodMoon likes this.
  3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @Rainstorm B,

I'm so glad you found it good :). I know what you mean about the unravelling of old stuff - I seem to have a bottomless pit of things I need to dredge up!

As you will have read in the article, the walking therapy is considered to be 'bilateral therapy'. So, just in case it's of any interest to you, I thought I'd mention that I've been using this 'bilateral therapy' mp3 from Dr James Alexander's website and so far I'm finding it really relaxing https://www.drjamesalexander-psychologist.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3443098 (Dr James Alexander). Elsewhere on Dr Alexander's site he describes bilateral stimulation as the following:
    "Bi-lateral stimulation has been demonstrated through extensive research on EMDR to induce a calm physiological and psychological state. This recording uses sounds from nature, some of which alternative between the left and right channels, to create the bi-lateral stimulation effect. It requires left and right ear-phones when listening. The use of bi-lateral stimulation sounds can assist in self soothing as well as in psychological processing of lesser serious psychological distress."

I'll certainly look forward to hearing from you again with how you're getting on with the walking therapy. I do hope it will continue to be helpful.

Rainstorm B likes this.
  4. Rainstorm B

Rainstorm B Peer Supporter

BloodMoon likes this.