1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

waking up at night more times. anxiety?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jul 8, 2019.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hello guys! so i used to go once or twice, but sometimes im waking up to go more. i did a glucose am lab to check for pre-diabetic and it turned out to be fine, but this was a while ago. i recently did a new one to check my glucose am levels. anyone experience frequent urination? could this also be tms?
    im wondering how to cope with it.

2. pushitpete

pushitpete Newcomer

would definitely be interested in this one. I wake up 4-6times/night with dry mouth & to urinate.

Been told deviated septum

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@stevow7, I'm disappointed. You've been here for two years, you've even earned the title of "well-known member". But it seems you still don't get it.

Yeah, that's pretty offensive, isn't it? It's tough love, baby, and if I didn't care, I wouldn't bother, believe me.

Look: after two years of doing this work, you should be fully-capable of answering this question yourself.

If you can't answer it yourself, and you are concerned, you must see a doctor, because we aren't here to answer medical questions. Although I have no idea why you are testing yourself for glucose - are you at risk for diabetes? Or are you just obsessing again?

If the doctor says you are fine, then you should absolutely be able to answer this question for yourself, given everything you supposedly know about TMS and about your multiple health anxieties and OCD.

Bottom line: you can't progress with your other TMS symptoms until you gain control over the most important ones - I already mentioned them: they are anxiety and OCD.

Have you sought professional help? And did you do the SEP?

Dorado likes this.
  4. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Jan, I just wanted to say that I think this is great advice, and the type of advice I'm having to start giving other members after engaging in reassurance seeking for one or two years with people. There's only so much we can say without becoming enablers who reinforce patterned behaviors. (And taking out my perfectionism on others - if I can't be perfect, I want to help someone else be perfect, right?!)

I fully agree on targeting anxiety and OCD.

JanAtheCPA likes this.