1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 Vocal problems - anybody out there share these?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dankat, Mar 18, 2014.

1. dankat

dankat New Member

Hey folks -

Working the program and enjoying it. Lots of journaling, and back issues seem to have relaxed a good bit. My vocal problems persist and have gotten worse lately as the demands on it have become greater. Anybody dealing with or had success in dealing with vocal strain?

2. lazydaisy

lazydaisy Peer Supporter

Hi Dankat,

I don't know if I have much to offer, since I'm very new around these parts, but I have noticed that my symptoms (jaw pain) have turned into a cough. I had a persistent cough for months last year - no reason could be found. I have also had a couple of coughing fits during therapy, so I'm pretty sure it's a TMS thing. Hopefully someone will come along in a bit who has more experience with vocal issues, but it would make sense to me that it's symptoms moving around.

3. dankat

dankat New Member

Hey - thanks! Yeah, I think there's a TMS thing happening - certainly in regard to muscle spasms in my neck - the vocal folds themselves are another question, and an interesting one. I do indeed look forward to solving it! Thanks for your reply....