1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Vist w/Dr Schubinder and Knee recommendation

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by phillyjoe, Aug 27, 2013.

1. phillyjoe

phillyjoe Peer Supporter

I met with Dr. Schubinder last week, very positve evaluation regarding my TMS history. I gave him my MRI. With my permission he allowed an orthopedic to assess and determined there is structual damage to the menincus and some arthritic changes. The ortho doc thought my up coming surgery will be positive. Dr. Schubinder assessed there is physical damage. I found and read the Baylor knee studies. As I mentioned before the knee pain is so very different for me then the back issues. There is daily pain, sorness to physical manipulation to knee. I begin reffing basketball Dec. 1. I am scheduling games now. I'm just having a difficult time with the psychological part of the healing to the knee. On top of this I start my 325 mile 4 day bike trip Thursday. When I ride the knee is find. When I get off the bike, the stiffnees and pain is pretty severe. So thats the scoop. Appreciate comments, especially from Steve O if your out there. Thank you.

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Honestly love, I'm not sure what anyone here can add bar support. It would be foolhardy to offer advice and dangerous for you to take it in light of the fact that Dr. Schu is one of the top tms doctors AND he's actually seen your knee and spent time with you. Most folk here would give their eyeteeth for such an opportunity, so I say listen to the man. As much as tms evangelists would like everything to be tms (and I'm thinking more of the hardcore at tmshelp), sometimes we do have have real injuries and sometimes we have real injuries overlaid with tms. Dr. Schu is best placed to determine that. This is truly mind~body healing, not one at the expense of the other. Wishing you the very, very best.

(best to contact SteveO by email. He only pops in here sometimes)

BruceMC and Birdie like this.
  3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Plum, that's a real gray area where TMS pain symptoms and real tissue damage coincide, overlap and reinforce each other. For example, I'll get sore after a workout and TMS will amplify the normal post-workout pain and stiffness. It's a fine line and it doesn't sound like you can go wrong with Dr Schubiner on board your team, Joe from Philly. Dr Schubiner is among the best mindbody therapists for certain.