1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Very interesting virtual reality/mindbody connection

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by glord, May 29, 2017.

1. glord

glord Newcomer

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, glord. Thanks for posting this. I think too many people are spending too much time on virtual reality and not
    enough on real reality. I know people who spend tons of time playing video games. I consider that escaping the real world. The real world does not have to be a scary place. We can make it a beautiful place if we give that a chance.

3. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

I saw that too and did a bit of searching to see if treatments were available yet through those methods. However it seems to be off in the future like most new discoveries being researched. Apparently it is extremely expensive to own the proper equipment so only being a volunteer at a research center would do.

4. glord

glord Newcomer

I looked into this a bit further as well and apparently it has been used most extensively with burn victims. I found it a compelling validation of Dr. Sarno's and other's work on the mind-body connection. In this case rather than telling the brain the source of the the pain is not physical and that I am going to resume normal activity, the brain is literaly being shown this to be the case. Pretty amazing.

5. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

The demo on the newscast brought "mirror therapy" to my mind (which is often used for CRPS of the limbs) Very interesting about the use with burn victims!