1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Validation

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Livinginhope, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

So I decided to go to a local ortho doc to get some clarity on whether I had any structural issues with my back, hip and elbow. However, I knew in my mind that he wouldn't find anything major and pretty much went to this fellow as a rule out. He found the usual nicks and dents but nothing that he felt would hurt me if I wanted to exercise. In fact the area that had the more interesting issues, I have no pain at all. Go figure. He said that ortho docs do five things; give meds, give shots, recommend PT, operate or send you on your way. He recommended the last option and I was thrilled. Of course, before I left, I told him to go on line and read about Dr. Sarno. He had never heard about him and I told him that he should familiarize himself with him as then he would have a 6th option to offer his clients. I paid my bill and walked out.

Lunarlass66, Lily Rose and MindBodyPT like this.
  2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

brilliant!! :)

3. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent! Glad you got some validation :)

4. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

I think that I already knew it, and suspected that there was no structural issues, but it is still nice to hear it. Also, was happy to educate an ortho doc about another option.