1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation...Helpful or Not? for TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Velvet_Hidden, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

I'm set to leave America on thursday morning to fly and visit Central America for 2 plus months. While away from the states, I still intend to continue with the program and read up on the literature which focuses on TMS. Most of my psyche thinks this will be a great aid to focus strictly on my well being and really self reflect mentally. I also think it will send a message to my family and acquaintances about the severity of TMS and how it is important that I remain focused in the education therapy to heal myself. In my curiosity, has anyone on the forum found a vacation helpful on your journey? Or did you find it to be a hinderance to your progress in dealing with TMS? Any sharing is appreciated!

2. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

I've had vacations when I improved and some when I actually got worse.

It all depends on what you expect. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to heal too quickly, loosen your attitude and make having fun the focus of your vacation, not "working on my TMS". By all means carry on with the program, but in a relaxed way, don't let it take over as a distraction.

Hope you have a great time !!

Bodhigirl, Velvet_Hidden and Ellen like this.
  3. Velvet_Hidden

Thx for the advice, I had a lil flare up early this morning while packing so, I just stopped for a little while to talk to my brain. I feel fine now :) Hopefully things will go this smooth while I'm away ..I'll do my best to focus on the trip versus the TMS pain... Thx again :)

Mermaid likes this.
  4. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Off to vacation this morning and feeling anxious and bonkers which I believe is progress. I asked for feelings instead of symptoms all these years, right?
    Hold a good thought for me. I have a terrorist living in the back of my brain.

5. Velvet_Hidden

Hello, best advice I can say is to focus on your activities/relaxation on your vacation. It really helped me when I flew away earlier this year for 2 months.... during that period I wrote daily and eventually the pain went away for good :)

Bodhigirl likes this.