1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

UTI, Tests, Cipro and still feeling kidney pain. Scared!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jessieblue, Nov 27, 2016.

1. jessieblue

jessieblue Newcomer

Hi there, I posted a week ago and really want to get going with this programme but am paralysed with fear at the moment. I had a UTI last 2 weeks, well it started 2 weeks ago and I had a test done which showed blood in urine. Symptoms improved before I started antibiotics but I had begun to have a low grade niggly pain in my left kidney area. On a strong course of anitbiotics which should have treated my e coli infection I still have niggly pains but now in right side kidney! The left has gone quiet. I finished antibiotics today and last week underwent cystoscopy and US and had nothing nasty going on to suggest a problem. Could this pain be TMS? I am so terrified, I thought I may have had bladder cancer or something but now that has been ruled out I fear I have an untreatable kidney infection that will come back with a vengeance once i stop antibiotics. The anxiety is all consuming. I am literally shaking with fear and totally unable to function. How to I begin to overcome this fear and get myself the help I need? I mean literally step 1 because right now I cannot think about anything other than my physical state. Thanks for reading. x

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I had all that stuff. It is all TMS. Have you read any of Sarno's books? Have you started the Structured Education Program?

One of the personality traits is fear. Yes, it can be paralyzing. The program gives you all kinds of tools to manage yourself and your fear. The mind is so powerful. You can do it.

3. David88

David88 Well known member

This is TMS at work. You are so worried about your symptoms that you can't focus on anything else. TMS is distracting you from ... something.

Your way out is to find that something. The more you can see it, feel it, and accept it, whatever it is, the more your TMS will subside.

There are many ways to do this. Different things work for different people. Keep trying until you find what works for you.

Be patient with yourself. Take things a bit at a time. Be sure to find psychic nourishment for yourself along the way -- the small things that give you comfort and pleasure. You'll get there .

4. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

5. Candy

Candy New Member

hi stella,

Would just like to know how you lose your uti and pelvic pain symptoms? Whay were the things that you did to overcome them? They are so uncomfortable and annoying. Please give me some advice since i am suffering with pelvic pain and tingling.