1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

using my tools and seeing clearly

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srton, Jan 30, 2019.

1. srton

srton Well known member

I had a very difficult interaction with my father last night - or at least it would have been if i hadn't been able to access all the wonderful tools i've gained from doing this emotional work.
    I'm happy to report that w waas able to breathe and be kind to myself through the interaction and then afterwards see that "WOW this is the man who taught me how to be a person -- it's no wonder I have trouble with fear and feelings and sadness" It was so helpful - like seeing myself through a mirror.
    It also alleviated me from some of the (perfectioist) blame i've put on myself. Why do I have this personality that brings me pain? Why do I approach the world in this unhealthy way? ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!! I LEARNED IT FROM HIM!!!! I didn't have any other option as a child.
    I feel like going to my inner child and hugging her and saying - you don't always have to be happy. You don't always have to be the glue. You don't always have to be perfect - you are WHOLE and can be loved warts and all.
    Today I've had a lot of pain - but I don't care. I've learned something so valuable and forgivin myself for my "TMS Personality" and that is the most important thing.

zclesa, AnonymousNick and Rainstorm B like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi srton,

Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing this. How wonderful to be able to see our TMS personality, understand the causes, and have self-compassion. This is a healing which goes deeper than "pain or no pain."

Andy B

zclesa likes this.