1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Urinary Tract Infection

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by bordersgirl56, Jul 31, 2013.

1. bordersgirl56

bordersgirl56 New Member

Ok, so I've got TMS. Totally get it and working/reading lots and doing ok. Because I had UTI symptoms I thought maybe TMS was causing them but now I know I have an infection - presumably TMS cannot cause actual infection? Might it simply use the infection as a useful additional distraction? Or am I way out on a limb here?

2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

If you have an actual bladder infection, you should get it treated. Fortunately, the test is simple. If you do have a bladder infection there are more natural, holistic treatments and the standard Western antibiotic treatment. Just depends on what you are comfortable with. I have bladder pain/UTI pain as one of my TMS symptoms. I have gotten to where I can pretty much tell the difference between when I have an actual infection or not. But if I were in any doubt, I would do a quick urine test at the doctors and if I had an actual infection, I would get it treated.

3. bordersgirl56

bordersgirl56 New Member

Thanks for that Anne. In some ways, two days later, I am more confused and yet have more clarity - if that doesn't sound too mad. I took a sample to the doc as I was convinced it was an infection - we are going on holiday next week he gave me antibiotics just in case but said there was no infection. I have been here so often with this, today I have no symptoms (haven't taken the antibiotics). I have a full blown migraine and I was sick with it last night which is unheard of. Just taking a moment to let the penny drop. I am constantly amazed at the power of the unconscious mind. Tiring though!