1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

URGENT: Breast/Chest Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by RootedinNature, Jan 25, 2019.

1. JoeHealingTms

JoeHealingTms Peer Supporter

I dont know if you have seen most of my past posts, but this was one of my main problems. PM me if you need to.

2. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

I got that as well as a diagnosis but I have sinister cardiac issues that may soon kill me--bad aortic valve, left ventricle hypetrophy, family history of heart attacks, calicium score of 684, high levels of Lp(a), hypertension etc etc

3. Marls

Marls Well known member

Once again the forum throws up a post with perfect timing. I’m only posting to offer a timely reminder to get stuff medically checked and not take symptoms lightly. I posted on this thread last July that I had dodged a breast cancer bullet and was pretty pleased with myself but it now seems I should have gone for a second opinion because it was cancer. (I’m OK, surgery got it all so no further treatment). So if it feels important to you then pursue all avenues; eliminate nasty possibilities, then roll down the TMS road. Cheers marls

4. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

Caution is always important..As I age it is less TMS and more sinister old age degenerative stuff

5. Elizabethtara26

Elizabethtara26 New Member

Hello please help me..I have EXACTLY THE same breast pain left breast ..all tests..it left and now returned... what happened to.yours ? I'm currently treating like TMS telling it to go away..

6. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

I'm not sure who this is address to but I have heart disease in a bad heart valves for for me the pain is potentially real. I wouldn't assume everything is TMS especially when you get older. We're all going to die fall apart did old. There isn't much you can do about it you can't escape death.

7. Elizabethtara26

I dont think this is heart..

8. Elizabethtara26

Please help me I have the same

9. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Sweetness, if you’ve been examined by a doctor and they’ve found nothing wrong then you are most likely suffering with TMS.

It can manifest through the endocrine system causing hormonal disruption and it can be healed.

Mine recurs periodically when I’m not looking after myself and also during the run up to my period. It’s always a sign from my body that I need to pull back, stop trying to save the world, and rest. Self-care is paramount.

I was absolutely petrified by my pain. I knew all about TMS but could not shake the fear and it was fear that was the problem.

I send you love my darling. Do take comfort from my words because this is a fairly common thing for women.

Elizabethtara26 likes this.
  10. Elizabethtara26

Plum thankyou so much you're words Te a blessing

This left Christmas and has struck again... I'm just talking to it like TMS..IVE been on save kid marches all weekend.. maybe you're right.thanks so much

Its a real nerve stab pain in left breast its just draining.
    . Thanku.. for great encouragement

plum likes this.
  11. Elizabethtara26

Can you tell me how you delt with it..same..stabbing nerve pain left breast in same agony :(

12. Elizabethtara26

Trying to figure out dm ( new here

13. Elizabethtara26

Hi please can you tell me how it is now?

14. Elizabethtara26

Please help me I have the same hope did you approach

15. Elizabethtara26

16. Elizabethtara26

Hi I'm having this exact thing again please can you help me. Did you rid yours ??

17. Elizabethtara26

Please' I have the same pain.. please help me

18. Elizabethtara26

Same please respond ' it so tender too I can't live like this

19. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Elizabeth, if you are desperate and in fear for your health, please see a doctor. You have never said if you have been properly medically examined, and we certainly can't (and absolutely should not) diagnose.

If you have been medically checked and are simply desperate to be reassured that this is TMS, well, join the club - because that's what everyone wants. Unfortunately, and ultimately, you must take responsibility for your own TMS self-diagnosis, OR find a TMS-based MD who will review your medical records with you.

The problem here is that this thread is four years old, and the original participants did not respond when you resurrected this two years later in 2020. Plum was kind enough then to respond to your requests for a response, and I can guarantee you that the wise advice she gave you then is the same she would give you today.

Once again, if you have been medically cleared, that means you're having a TMS setback, which sucks, but that's all it is. You have to revisit the emotional work and engage the tools and have faith that this too will pass. If you never really committed to the work, you gotta do it, period. This thread has everything you need to know (from back in 2019) about how to go about that.

If you want help from the community, it's really much more effective to start your own thread and tell your own story, rather than try to obtain responses on old threads from people who might have moved on.

Desperately trying to find someone with your exact symptoms is NOT the way to recover. It's actually a fear-based distraction designed by your brain to keep you stuck on high alert, fooling you into thinking you're accomplishing something, while avoiding what you really need to do. Which could be going to the doctor.

HOWEVER! I always advise people that when introducing yourself in this forum, the details of physical symptoms should be minimized, because we do TMS work here, and the focus is always psychological, not physical.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  20. Slush

Slush New Member

Sharing this for Elizabeth or anyone else who stumbles upon it looking for answers.

I'm a TMS survivor (who certainly has flare ups). My year long journey was plagued by debilitating left side chest pain. I had all the tests run, which was necessary for me to REALLY believe it wasn't my heart. (I also met Dr. Shechter.) Getting myself to truly believe it was TMS deep down was terrifying and difficult, but critical to my recovery. After reading a lot about TMS, it became clear to me that the mind would target such a critical area. The mind is very powerful.

Back in 2007-2008 when I was going through this, I couldn't find anyone who had chest pain symptoms. It took a lot for me to believe. Eventually I did after modern medicine confirmed my heart was fine.

Run all of the appropriate tests and if all is well - be thankful for your good health and do the very hard TMS work.

JanAtheCPA likes this.