1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Upper back pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by JacketSpud, Nov 6, 2015.

1. JacketSpud

JacketSpud Peer Supporter

For three days I have had really bad upper back pain - across the upper back but not as high as neck and shoulders. It feels like a really tight back and like all my spine could use cracking (chiropractic). I did nothing to bring this on and it's bad but by no means debilitating. This reads like textbook TMS pain and I'm not even remotely concerned about it (a bad back seems very manageable after 18 months of a constantly throbbing head and shooting nerve pain in the head). Anyway, I'm thinking this symptom might be a good thing - moving pain signifying TMS is on the run! Well, at least I'm hopeful.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JacketSpud. I'm glad to see that you are thinking the upper back pain is a sign that your subconscious is moving your TMS pain to a different part of your body. It does that when, as Dr. Sarno says, it knows you are discovering the repressed emotions causing your pain.