1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hedger, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

My pain is still much much better (down 70-90% depending on emotional state).

My list of past events to process through journaling has grown to 21 and I have crossed off 3.

My wife says I´m already better at communicating my feelings and state during the week.

I have fear for some of the items to journal about. They started to come into my mind during the days. That pissed me off so I just said fuck it and took on the worst one two days ago. Went well, but maybe have to re-visit later, not sure.

I heard something in a recording about that it´s not enough to just feel the anger/sadness - that we have to process it into something else also. Like into guilt or similar and then into compassion for oneself. This to rewire the neural pathway. I´m trying to incorporate this into my thinking in Journaling etc. So far I´m using the approach to accept what I felt, and tell myself its OK and human. Even if the feeling seems weird from outside. It´s still me and I´m stuck with me - embrace yourself and have compassion. Having a feeling and thought is not the same as acting on it. Let´s see how this develops.