1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mouser, Aug 1, 2016.

1. mouser

mouser Peer Supporter

Back pain is the same, tho I've felt some twinges in my shoulders and one in my left wrist that made no sense. My anxiety is up too. When I lift things or mow the grass, I have no additional pain.

I am half way thru SteveO's book.

I need to get better at journaling. I am feeling a bit of resistance to it, tho I have the thoughts and feelings I could write down.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mouser. I'm glad to know that you don't feel pain when you mow the grass or do other activities. I think that means you are living in he present moment and your thoughts are on the activity, not wandering into the past or future.

Journaling was the best thing I did to heal from severe back pain. I discovered repressed emotions that went back to my boyhood.

You don't have to write a lot in journaling. Maybe just a sentence about emotions or feelings you think you may be repressing.

3. mouser

mouser Peer Supporter

Hey Walt: :)

My pain was the same with mowing, just not increased. and the next day as there was no price to pay.

Not sure if not wanting to journal is resistance, or procrastination. Procrastination is a big thing for me.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi mouser. I had trouble journaling as well. However, I've discovered that I frequently refer to the journal I kept as I worked through the SEP, so it has had value for me in the long run.
    Sometimes when we're in the thick of things, it's hard to see the benefit.