1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Update: Progress and Symptom Changes

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Khetu, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Khetu

Khetu New Member

Hello All,

Half success story half relapse. I wrote way back about various troubles with my hands and what the doctors guessed was RSI - this was entirely TMS and I can say with much delight since my last post in July I have compeltely rid myself of arm troubles. I can draw, play games and type with zero pain. It feels like some sort of magic to be honest. It's been since around late August the pain vanished entirely.

However, TMS, as I have now learnt doesn't like to go away, it likes to change tactics. After a close bereavement in August I started getting period issues, followed by horrible clenching pain in my abdomen. This went on for over 2 months until just last week, where I got an ultrasound to be told everything was absolutely fine - and just like that the pain vanished.

I am beyond livid. I can't believe all that fretting about issues inside my body was the exact same thing and I was fooled by it. I really have trouble accepting the fact my brain is making me suffer so much to 'protect me'.

Regardless, this past week I also decided to face an old demon of mine as a way of proving to myself I had recovered - painting a Warhammer figure. This was the 'injury' that started TMS in 2020 and I figured if I could do this again I'd consider myself cured.

After 2 evenings, my left hand flares up again. Same old, same old.

I'll keep painting because I know this song and dance very well, I'm just tired of it at this point. Conquering and knowing what TMS is has been a really hard but worthwhile journey, I just wish I could finally be rid of it. It's almost become like some weird ghost I'm not frightened of anymore trying to haunt me, and we're both just going through the motions over and over.

Apologies for the rant, and thankyou for reading.

Lonewolfbunny and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

No apologies @Khetu! I see more success and good news here than you are giving yourself credit for :D

This is a lifetime process for many of us. The more you do it, the easier it is to turn it around. And I am impressed by your self-challenge - facing your fears is the path to recovery. Keep it up!

3. Khetu

Khetu New Member

Thank you very much @JanAtheCPA , I will try not to be so hard on myself ahah! I will keep trying and keep updating here however many months or years this takes! :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.