1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Update: Livvygurl

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Livvygurl, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Interestingly, I work 2 blocks away from where I used to live when my TMS symptoms began 15 years ago. On breaks I stroll the old neighborhood and realize I have come full circle, and if the round shape of my office building isn’t symbolic enough - I have a history to share. I can trace the steps that I have taken since way back then to where I am now and can proudly say it has been an uphill battle. I have been fighting to survive. Now I am taking a breather because I have found some relief from going full force with reading, journaling, posting, praying, meditating, and being thankful! I met with a personal trainer and have a series of stretches that are helping me loosen up a bit. I am aware that everything is psychological and am doing inner child non-dominant hand journaling - it is fascinating! Lucia Capacchione’s journaling method is really profound. The pain is melting away. Not sure what percentage exactly but I am climbing up the wall of confidence to get my body back. I think what is helping me the most is my sheer dedication and ability to try new things that may help me. This whole process has been so empowering.

Beach-Girl, Forest and veronica73 like this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Great news! I love your posts & your enthusiasm :)

Livvygurl likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I am thrilled to hear you are doing so well and are in such a better place. It is great to hear that you are about to start exercising. Like you, I also felt so empowered after I recovered, especially so when I started to exercise again.

Don't worry about what percentage your pain level is. In fact, I love that you don't know. It means you are not focused on your symptoms and are instead thinking psychological. It can be difficult for people to get there, so feel proud of yourself for reaching this wonderful point.

I never heard of the Lucia Capaccione's journaling technique. What is it about?

Livvygurl likes this.
  4. Livvygurl

Hi Forest,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply. I have been having some adventures and coping with some emotional release stuff. It has been a very transformative month/experience. Since I was hypnotized about a month ago I have been focusing on releasing a lot of toxic emotions from the past, now I am doing some forgiveness work, like breathing forgiveness into the heart. That and meditation seem to be good coping skills for me these days (I have been doing a massive cleaning of my apartment, throwing stuff out that I do not use or wear - it is symbolic).

I don't think about pain too much, although I still have some tight back muscles that I think will eventually release in good time : ) Lucia Capaccione's journaling technique is about writing with your non-dominant hand to your inner child, very powerful work and it meshes well with the TMS diagnosis in terms of getting to the root cause of deeper hidden issues. I am taking a break from reading but am continuing to journal when the time is right. I think I have made great progress since I started here on the forum and thank you for creating this wonderful support system! The TMS Wiki has helped to give me the courage to take my life back!

All the Best,

Livvygurl : )

veronica73 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It's good to hear from you Livvy! Your journey sounds really interesting, and your progress is exciting! Stay in touch, okay?

Jan

Livvygurl likes this.
  6. Livvygurl

Hi Jan, It has been an interesting and journey! Yes, I will stay in touch! :)

Olivia

7. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

Fantastic! I only tried non-dominant hand journalling twice. What came out was a childish scrawl of Bear in my heart: "Want best for Peddy!" :) Maybe I will try it again.

8. Livvygurl

Shanshu,

I got the idea from one of your posts! It takes practice and an investment of time, the result is miraculous ;) This technique and being hypnotized have really catapulted my healing to higher heights of bliss. Hypnotism is like Roto Router for the soul! (I know a good practitioner, he does phone appointments) :)

Love,

Livvy ~