1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Update from Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Katy Elise, May 31, 2020.

1. Katy Elise

Katy Elise Peer Supporter

Hi TMSers! It's suggested in the SEP that today I make a brief forum post on my TMS treatment up to this point.

Basically, I want to say wow. Even just in the last week or so, I've already learned so much and gone through so many changes physically, mentally, and emotionally. Some of my symptoms have stopped and others have picked up, though almost all of them have been trading places and moving around which is great evidence that this is all TMS. Right now I'm dealing with intense itching that appears in different areas of my body and trying to sit with it and not scratch it (as soon as I do it pops up somewhere else anyway). Through the journaling, I have found my anger and my inner protector (esp. in reference to traumatic events of my childhood), and I've been less of a people pleaser at work and overall. I feel like I'm really finding my power. Emotionally, I have felt more anger in the last few days than quite possibly ever, but again it feels like finding my power, and I'm working on finding ways to discharge it through journaling, visualization, meditation, and sharing it in safe spaces with close friends.

A lot is changing, transforming, falling away, and waking up for me all at once so I feel that this is a very exciting time. I don't know how this will look tomorrow or next week or whatever, but for right now I'm amazed at the interconnectedness of the human body and the power of my mind and emotions.

All the best my friends.

jennyc19 and daniebama like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Katy,

What a wonderful report! It seems an important piece you're learning is to be less fearful of symptoms, more just sort of expecting they'll arise. You seem very relaxed and excited. I am happy about your progress.

I think this is wonderful! Anger can offer real strength and boundary-making --when you're working with it consciously. It seems you're learning this, and getting the fruit of it. Glad you can share it with some folks directly.

I think the more you live in this amazement, the less you'll be caught and run by all of it, and the less you'll make this existence wrong, or blame yourself. It is quiet an existence really, isn't it?! Thanks for the reminder!

Andy

jennyc19 and Katy Elise like this.
  3. Katy Elise

Katy Elise Peer Supporter

Thanks Andy! You really got that right about the fear - I'm feeling less fearful of life overall. I appreciate the support!