1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Update...(eczema)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tanya, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Tanya

Tanya New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I have not posted in a little while. My symptoms continue to be in a plateau stage. I have gone through some mild regression in thought and behavior patterns - maybe just laziness. I still find it difficult to discipline myself each day to take time for myself to slow down and be quiet and to meditate...it's so important and as I write this I can see that the times that I don't do this practice is a sort of self denial...not giving/allowing myself that time to be with myself. I will continue to work on this. The physical part of my life is very active - my symptoms do not prevent me from socializing, dancing, exercising, (I recently started to date again - which I had not done in over 6 months) etc - it's definitely more of an emotional/psychological space that feels confining and irritating. The constant feeling of irritation, soreness, itchiness, general discomfort, self consciousness....
    The educational activities and journaling have been very helpful.... I know I just have to keep going and keep shifting the focus to the emotions and not to the body and to be more generous with myself,
    Thanks for listening,
    Tanya

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Marian like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes Tanya you have the right ideas, it can be slow at first to get used to doing this daily ritual of mindfulness and connecting the emotions to the symptoms but after the reconditioning phase as you make this habit it will begin to fall in order pretty much simplistic. You are doing great, it's ok if you take a break here and there. Just remember while on break to notice the emotions when the flair up starts and see what you can do to accept these emotions in a better light after you feel them, thanks for the up-date.
    Bless you