1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Unusual symptom

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Neesh, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Neesh

Neesh Newcomer

Hi everybody,

I have a really tiring symptom that is constant with no breaks unless i am asleep or have taken a very strong pain killer.
    For the past 2.5 years i have constantly had the sensation of tickling/scratching /crawling/bubbling and popping behind my right knee. I really just want to know if there is anyone else out there suffering from this and hopefully they have had some success in relieving it. Thank you for your time!

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello! I have not experienced this particular symptom, but it sure can be TMS/the mind-body connection. Think about people who have recovered from conditions like CRPS, psychosomatic paralysis and blindness, certain chemical sensitivities, etc. with no breaks in between. As Steve Ozanich has said, the mind can create just about any symptom you can think of!

It’s important to ask yourself what was going on in your life when these symptoms developed and consider how you manage your mental health. Have you tried TMS/mind-body work in the past? Have you had healthcare professional shrug their shoulders at the cause of these symptoms?

3. Miriam G. Bongiovanni

Miriam G. Bongiovanni Peer Supporter

Hi Neesh,

Sometimes the weirder the symptom, the more likely it is for it to be TMS. Remember that when you sleep, you enter a more relaxed state that deactivates some of the stress response, which is why you never feel this sensation as you sleep.

Try working on yourself by changing your reaction to the symptom. If you notice yourself getting frustrated or disappointed, smile instead. Don't allow your emotions around it to run away with you. This is one of the key things to do. For as long as you're focused and bothered about the symptom, it will persist. 'Show it' that you're not bothered , do not 'nurse' it or baby it, and you may soon start seeing results.

Take care!

Miriam
    (TMS Coach & Mindbody Practitioner)