1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Unsure

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Gayle, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Gayle

Gayle Newcomer

I don't have a lifetime history of pain but did have the typical "blow out your back" episode that resulted in a herniated disc diagnosis. Been struggling for 2 weeks with relapsing/remitting symptoms. Prior to that it had been 3 years since I saw my chiropractor for back pain-it was nowhere near this bad then. Doesn't seem like anybody really knows what's wrong or how to treat. Chiropractic helps for a day, then it's back to the same pain. I read "Healing Back Pain" and Dr. Sarno's theories make sense to me, so I'm going to give it a try. I'm not yet at the point where I'm willing to stop all other treatment. I just want to feel better.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Gayle. Welcome to this TMS healing community. I healed from severe back pain after reading Dr. Sarno's book and doing the SEProgram. I journaled and discovered repressed emotions going back to my boyhood.

It's okay to continue treatment such as chiropractic, but very important to believe in TMS. Be confident that you are going to feel better.

Maybe something or things recent have triggered repressed emotions from your past. Maybe give that some thought while you're journaling. In my case, I think my back ache came on after very close friends of mine divorced. I had felt like part of their family. Their divorce may very well have triggered my repressed emotions about my parents divorcing when I was seven. The divorce left me with feelings of abandonment and insecurity. I came to understand them better and to forgive them. Forgiving healed me.