1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Alex B. Unsolvable problems

Discussion in 'Ask a TMS Therapist' started by Jason D, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Jason D

Jason D Newcomer

This question was submitted via our Ask a TMS Therapist program. To submit your question, click here.

Question
    Hi,

I have identified a few issues that cause me stress and anxiety through introspective exercises. They are long standing, some I've been ruminating about on and off for years, and some have triggers everywhere. Can you have successful treatment / resolution despite the fact that your problems aren't solvable / resolvable (e.g. a situation long passed, an unattainable want/need, or in extreme cases, irrational magical thinking)? Is acknowledgement and awareness sufficient, or is a resolution necessary?

Thank you very much, your time and insights are greatly appreciated!