1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Unsent letters by go to!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Allissa RS, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Allissa RS

Allissa RS New Member

Day 10

Unsent letters are the best! I feel I could use them everyday. Yesterday I began writing about a topic but ended up writing a letter to my mum (the upteenth since beginning)
    Today will be to my brother as he keeps bringing his stress into my home, a new thing, and I'm yet to discover what's happening there, but plenty to say to him.

Before baby being born 3 months ago my work is as an art therapist and I would utilise expressive writing for others all the time, but I'd lost myself!! It's bizarre and wonderful reconnecting.

What are others experiences of their relationships with people they have journalled about. Have you experience d healing in the relationships themselves?

2. srton

srton Well known member

interesting question.....hmmmm....
    I think that any changes and healing that i've expreienced in my relationships has been due to realizing that I need to start approacing my life differently. My journaling has brought me to a place where I'm approaching the world with more honesty, more selfacceptance, more self compassion and less fear.
    I think that this has helped me take better care of myself and maybe that's showing the people in my life that they need to treat me differently as well?
    Last night at a family party, my father said some thing that were pretty hurtful. And im not sure he even knew what he was doing. I was able to be UPSET about it without it really upsetting me. I also was able to be in the situation and understand that it was bad but not let it cause me pain. Not sure if he had any idea about it but i sure felt like it was a win!
    Thank you for the thought prooking question!