1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Unsent Letter to Anxiety

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, Apr 1, 2017.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Dear Anxiety,

I'm almost at a loss for words when describing the impact you've had on my life. I worry so much about my future. Will I find the right career? Get married? Have kids? Shake this pain? You've been with me since high school, when my parents split up. I was lost in a sea of anxiety. College was right around the corner. My parents were at each other's throats. I was getting ready to say goodbye to many friends I had known since I was 5 years old. It started with the big things that I mentioned above. Then the anxiety spread to the daily worries in life. Will I get that paper finished before the deadline? Should I ask that girl out? Does my boss hate me? I began to worry about the smallest things in life. The best way I could describe it is like crack in your windshield. It starts as a microscopic chip in the glass, but soon spreads and fractures every which way. Until worry was the primary tenant in my mind. Anxiety changed my personality, my hobbies, my relationships. No wonder I developed TMS! I am starting a new chapter, one in which I intend to lower my anxiety and get my life back.

- Matt

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you Matt for sharing this. So much clarity, and self-compassion here, as I read it.

MSZ812 likes this.