1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 unsent letter outcome

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 2BT4U, Nov 22, 2015.

1. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

WOW!

I'm very surprised at how sitting down and writing a letter to someone can really make you feel all kinds of emotions....and pain!

I sat here and started writing to my brother and what started out as legible writing ended in a bunch of words almost not legible while pushing the pen into the paper! The anger I feel for this guy is unbelievable! I started out fine but then as I got going I started to notice my writing hand started to ache.... Like it was saying stop it!....I started getting hot and sweaty....Started having a few tears that soon turned to anger again....kept up the writing and then I started getting spasms in my left leg, foot pain and a headache but all this went away within minutes.....Is this normal??

Is it OK to go back and add to this letter, I'm got 3 pages so far?

Thanks

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow! You really have connected with your emotions, great work.

I'd say yes, add to it and get it all out of your system once and for all. However, going forward don't keep re-visiting the same topic, it can do more harm than good. The purpose of journalling is to express and let go. If these strong emotions keep appearing you may wish to try mindfulness meditation and learn to become aware of emotions and not react. Over a period of time these emotions will have less of a hold over you.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Hi Mike!

Thank you so much for the reply! I really do appreciate it.

I just cannot believe this I just got off the treadmill for 10 minutes!!! I haven't done this in years!! LOL

I had pain that traveled throughout my legs but I just talked to myself and told myself to keep going and I did it!! I have a little discomfort but nothing bad :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent :) That's a monumental step, don't forget to add it to your evidence sheet. It furthermore adds proof that it's TMS.

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome breakthrough, Wendy - congratulations! And I can't improve on Mike's advice.

I throw away my journaling once it's done. No point in re-visiting, OR re-reading it.

mike2014 likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with Jan and throw out my journaling once I've written it and felt the emotions.
    Our subconscious only needs to know we recognize an emotion, and there is no need to go over it again.

I mentally dig a hole, drop the emotion into it, cover the hole with dirt, and plant flowers over it.

7. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

I think I like the idea of taking my journal and burning it so the spirits can take care of the problems!

Your idea sounds great too Walt!

I don't think I could go back and even try to read my journal pages.... A lot of what I've got written is just scribbled as it comes out of me..... I still think I'll burn them once done or imagine burying them in the dirt...... Either way I'm not hashing over them again....some of what I've written I'm sure I'd be thrown in jail because of the angry thoughts!