1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 29 Unsent Letter & Dialogue Journalling - Feedback

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I wrote an "unsent letter" today as recommended in the SEP, and I was surprised how much emotion came out! I ended up typing up two pages on a Word document, when I expected it to be much shorter. Most of my unsent letters have not been so emotional, but this one made me cry quite a bit. I'm glad I did it because I didn't realise how much sadness and hurt I still have to work through.

At the end I wrote a prayer of forgiveness and also prayed for healing from the hurt. I have talked to people about it before and had opportunity to express the emotion, but I think it was good to address it again. Also, I realised that this particular incident triggered hurts from my childhood, so that's probably why it seemed like such a big deal in the first place.

As well as that, I wrote a dialogue to one of my personality traits/issues. This time I chose anxiety, and I found it really interesting and helpful. I usually find the dialogue journalling technique takes more effort as it seems a bit unnatural to me. However, I gained a great deal of insight. It gave me peace and a sense of optimism to know why I felt to much anxiety, and to realise that I will be free from it eventually.

It will just take time. Writing about it also enabled me to reflect on my anxious attachment style, which has contributed to some of my problems. This gave me more peace and acceptance about my situation. It also empowered me to overcome the sense of shame associated with my anxiety, as that only compounds the problem.

Irene and mike2014 like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Laudisco.

You're working great on your anxiety, writing about your personality traits and stressful issues.

Besides doing the SEP program, many people like TAPPING, a combination of Chinese acupressure tapping
    and MindBody and TMS. A real good video on it is free at YouTube:
    "Louise Hay Sits Down with The Tapping Solutions' Nick Ortner."
    She is a best-selling author on MindBody healing and shows how she does tapping, adding the spiritual element
    she calls our Guardian Angel and which I call The Holy Spirit.

You could tape for relief of anxiety or anything else. It works for me and many others.

3. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Thanks for passing on those tips Walt - it's good to be aware of various techniques I could try.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

If Louise Hay believes in TAPPING, it's worth trying. That video is the best.

5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

ha ha, Mike. I figure that if Louise Hay doesn't feel silly tapping, why should I?

And I talk to myself all the time, so why not tap and talk at the same time.

I really like the Louise Hay tapping on YouTube.
    "Louise Hay Sits Down with The Tapping Solutions' Nick Ortner."
    It's quick and easy and seems to work for me.