1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Unlearn Your Pain workbook (Dr. Schubiner) or The Recovery Program here?

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by KRHW, Jun 7, 2016.

1. KRHW

KRHW New Member

I purchased the 28-day workbook UnLearn Your Pain by Dr. Schubiner after reading Dr. Sarno’s Healing Back Pain but before discovering the recovery plan online here. What are the differences in the recovery programs? Which is better for the majority of people?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi there, I can't say I've worked through the programs on the site. However, I have worked through the Unlearn your pain workbook which I highly recommend. I'm assuming you've purchased the 3rd edition which was recently issued?

Dr Schubiner's program is fantastic- well laid out, easy to follow and full of science.

It's difficult to say which program is better, or more successful... I'd say, it really depends which program and healing modalities resonate with you. It seems to be different for each of us.

Wishing you all the best on your healing journey.

KRHW likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I find the SEP and Dr S program pretty much the same a lot of writing and deep soul searching

KRHW likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I did both programs. There are many similarities. The SEP contains links to resources by a variety of people which are interesting. I think Schubiner's program is more intensive, but shorter. It worked for me, but when I had another symptom come up I decided to try the SEP.

They are both good and have helped many people. I'd just pick one and get started. Don't think about it too much or it can become a form of resistance to getting started.

Best wishes...

KRHW and Boston Redsox like this.
  5. KRHW

KRHW New Member

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I think you're right about delaying. I can let indecision hold me back. I started Schubiner so will just continue in his workbook, given that there aren't huge differences.

6. beezy

beezy New Member

Can anybody tell me where find the 'Unlearn Your Pain' workbook? I bought the eBook and I have no such workbook

7. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

amazon.com

8. beezy

beezy New Member

still don't see anything about a workbook on Amazon....all I see is the book

9. Ellen

In the print copy, the book and workbook are both included in one book. There is no separate workbook. The workbook chapters aren't in the ebook, because they are meant to be written on.

Emre likes this.
  10. Emre

Emre Peer Supporter

So if we buy the book unlearn your pain from amazon, that book has the 28 day workbook in it, is this right? Thanks

11. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Yes, that's right Emre. It bought mine off Amazon and wrote copiously in all the workbook pages. A meditation CD came with mine and I bought it 2 years ago. It was very good.

12. Ellen

As long as you buy the print version of the book. Enjoy!

13. Penny2007

Penny2007 formerly Pain2007

Is there a subforum or thread for people who are working through the Unlearn Your Pain Workbook?

14. Ap13evans

Ap13evans New Member

Hello Penny2007

I am on CHapter 7 of the second edition workbook of "unlearn your pain". Would be glad to know if there is a subforum or if not, if you just want to chat and the support of someone else doing the workbook? :)

Take care!

Alex

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2017