1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Understanding what is happening

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cat Lady 13, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I started this SEP almost 3 years ago and started journaling. But then instead of finishing the SEP I worked through schubiner's Unlearn Your Pain workbook. I never really got the aha moment. Today I went back and read my journals for the last 3 years to see what I was thinking about and feeling. And I found that I was going through a lot. I also narrowed down to within a few months when this back pain started and it was actually 4 years ago.

I have a much better understanding of what is happening now. I also have belief that this is truly TMS and I know I can get better.

It's hard work but it's going to be worth it. It can also be painful work. In the middle of the night Tuesday night I woke up with stabbing pain in my usual spot. I couldn't move but I did my best to ignore it and laugh at it and went to work anyway a couple hours late. I was better today. Even good enough to vacuum the house. I ignored the pain and there was one brief moment when I think I may have actually made the sciatica pain stop. Yeah me!

hecate105 and jaumeb like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Cat Lady13. I've followed your recent posts and am so very glad to see you are getting better. Believing that TMS is causing your pain is so very important. It's really essential. I think that laughing at our pain can really help to relieve it.
    I think a lot of times, we are in pain because we take life too seriously. I try to laugh at life more now that I am 87. It's either that or cry, and I'd rather laugh.