1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gio23, May 24, 2015.

1. Gio23

Gio23 New Member

I have been a member for over a year and I felt the need to share my story! I have been enduring rectal pain for over 3 years, been to multiple doctors with no diagnosis. I knew it was TMS but I was unable to overcome the pain. I believe the pain was linked to also not being able to conceive with my wife. Thinking I would never be a father coupled with my rectal pain I was falling into a deep depression. I began seeing a TMS therapist and while I agreed it was TMS the pain wouldn't subside. Well a few months back I woke up on a Sunday morning with my wife screaming that we are expecting!! The great news doesn't end there, about a week later my pain was gone, pooof! For anybody that is struggling please understand that your stress and mental wellbeing is the key to all. TMS is very real! Thank you to all members for your words of encouragement as it helped me stay positive!!

IrishSceptic and Ellen like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations on your news of expecting a child! And thanks for sharing your TMS experience and success. Real recovery is possible and it helps everyone to hear these success stories. Wonderful news all around!

3. Markus

Markus Guest

I had it 2004/5 I was having spasms way up in there. Scared me to death. I didn't know about TMS but, I was doing it.....I ignored it to the best of my abilities. My Dr. Studied in Rostock Germany, and was great. He told me, this will go away in about 8 months.....in 8 months it was gone.
    Eventually I went and had 96 physical therapy sessions, and felt better than I had in years. Good for you, my friend, such a positive story. Keep up the good work.
    Mark (please call me Mark).

4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

one of my symptom imperative experiences was a severe sphincter spasm. embarassing but yeah it happened!lol
    This was about 6 weeks post reading HBP and I was focussing on the psychological and wham!
    sitting on the toilet and a brutal spasm happened. you really have to experience it to believe it. Initially I panicked but then remembered Symptom Imperative and was able to work through it.
    Explained this to my Dr who predicatbly glazed over! sigh

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I spent a year in Germany years ago, in the US Army. Loved it.
    I think a stein of German beer, some bratwurst, and an Oompapa band could cure anything!

Markus likes this.
  6. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

So amazing how the body and mind work. Sometimes the most difficult part is truly believing the TMS diagnosis.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  7. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for your success story. I am happy for you, and your wife!