1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to accept new symptoms as TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dptc, Sep 29, 2020.

1. dptc

dptc New Member

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say I'm really glad that this community is here for support while recovering on this TMS journey.

A quick backstory: I healed from Ankylosing Spondylitis as I read Healing Back Pain and was symptom-free for quite some time (while I was coincidently off work) but as soon as work began, I started to develop symptoms like allodynia (sunburned feel to the skin) which after a little while, I realised was also TMS and it soon disappeared. This was followed by tingling in my hands and feet, which also disappeared.

Symptom imperative, right?

That being said, for the last four weeks, I've had dry eyes and mouth (almost like my tears feel slightly stickier and my saliva too). I decided to follow Sarno's advice and I asked the GP for a check-up and they did a barrage of blood tests (ANA, ro and la antibodies, rheumatoid factor, complete blood count, check for diabetes, and others that I fail to remember). The main concern was that it could be the autoimmune condition Sjogren's Syndrome but ANA, ro and la antibodies, rheumatoid factor are all negative. Take into account that I'm male (9/10 cases present in women), I've only turned 30 (which is a little young for the disease) as well as the blood tests, the syndrome seems the most likely not to be the case and it's TMS but it's still here and I feel it really taking control of my daily focus and mood. I'll also add: all these have started since the job has begun again (I work in higher education and it has been stressful) and some muscle tension in my back and legs has returned at the same time as this eye and mouth dryness.

My questions to the community are this: Has anyone been through anything similar? (I feel that being able to know that others have gone through the same would really help my belief behind it being TMS like the other symptoms I've gotten through) and how did you manage to get past such symptoms?

Thank you for your help and support.

2. LadyA

LadyA New Member

I can't say anything about dry eyes/mouth as I don't experience that, but I wanted to say congratulations for moving past AS and allodynia and the tingling hands and feet. If you can move past all of those and live symptom-free, I'm sure the dry eyes and mouth will go away, too. Rooting for you.

TG957 likes this.