1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ugh/Pain Killer

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kalo, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Hi All,

I broke the rules! I went to a chiropractor who did an Xray and said my Spine looked fine. Funny, how, because usually they try to find something structurally wrong.

He thought I had pirformis syndrome, but, today at the gym, I only walked inclined for 10 min. then did chest exercise with weights and then walked another 10 min.

Got home and my right butt and sciatic hurt so bad, I had to take a tramadol!

I am getting worried that something more sinister is going on! I have been to TWO doctors, DO's and none seem to think anything of this expect wanting to put me on antidepressants.

I am very sad as I hardly have any family members and Xmas is coming up! It's just my Mom and me!

I am a caregiver and pretty much stuck taking care of it...The worst thing out of all this is I QUITE my job as the three hour drive for part time was getting the best of me.

Support would help...I am tempted to get an MRI, I know many would advise not to but, I am SCARED!

Kalo

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Kalo,

If you get an MRI, and it turned out to be "negative problems," would that help? Why not do it?

I am sorry about the holiday season. I wrote a blog post here about it last year. You might find it interesting/supportive. "Just my mom and me" rings true. I think this has profound impacts. My best to you...

Andy B.

3. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Hi Andy,

Your not going to believe this, but, my Mom fell and is in the hospital! I don't know what is going to happen....The paramedics came and well they did CT's are her neck, head, and hip nothing broken, but, she is having trouble walking because of the fall...

My sciatic pain is so bad right now and hypochondria kicking in I guess as a distraction

Thanks for your support,

Kalo

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kalo. I'm sorry your mother fell, but at least she didn't break anything. She just may be afraid of falling when she walks. She should get a walker and after she gains confidence, just use a cane.

I was the primary caretaker for my mother until she had to go into a nursing home. It was hard work.

I don't think you need an MRI. Doctors have not found anything structurally wrong with you, so I believe your symptoms are TMS, from repressed emotions, or just the stress of caring for your mother and also that job you just quit. I hope you can find something that doesn't require a long drive.

5. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Merry Christmas Walt! Well, my Mom is in rehab now and I pray I can over come TMS! For me I truly believe it's the way I respond to life! It cause me inner tension for sure!

You are right! I am SCARED of MRI, and I am sure at my age they will find something cause I am in my late 40's...

Thanks for your support!

Kalo

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Kalo,
    I am sorry about your mom! I am glad it is not worse. Good wishes to you for healing all the way around.
    Andy B.

7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

kalo

take the anti for awhile it might help you get back on track we all need a little help.god bless