1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 ugh journaling

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Today i began to journal about a certain topic but my handwriting is atrocious and i cannot write constantly for 15-20 minutes i cant even write straight for five minutes it hurts my hands wayyyyyy to much. I did write for 20 but it was on and off alot not consistent like it suggested to me. Maybe i should just start typing out my journal entries but i feel like that wouldn't address the writing issue which is something i really need to improve for school anyway. honestly i think i've developed a new trigger with it. Now my hands cramp every few sentences when writing.

Think of some activities you really enjoy doing. If you could do one of these activities without feeling stressed out, without having anxiety, and without worrying about your family, kids, job, etc. how would that feel? Why do you not do this activity more often? What steps could you take to do this activity stress free and without worrying about other things? Do this activity this week.

Not sure. I do most of the activities i want to now although i probably still stress slightly with afew. I guess without whatever very slight stress i may feel it would be more enjoyable. I guess i could try to develope a sort of thought distraction so i dont think about things as much while performing activities.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jwiles. I think you have pain while writing because you think it causes pain. Maybe try a mantra like "I feel fine when I write."

And write in short spurts. Take your time. And make your journal entries short. One or two sentences. You can write the main thing or things
    but not go into detail about them. They're in your thoughts, but every detail doesn't have to be written down if it gives you pain.

Typing in journaling is okay but probably not as effective. I write books and have found that writing notes helps me remember the information better than typing or putting them on the computer.

Keep working on your TMS emotions. That's the way to heal. Try not to worry about anything, even kids, job, etc. Laugh at it all.

Distractions are wonderful. I keep busy and it blocks out worry, etc.

jwiles likes this.
  3. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Walt its one of the few things I actually have real trouble doing these days since I started the TMS program so I guess it's not that big of a deal. I didn't think Typing my journal would be as effective either. I wrote in small segments and I think it's the way to go for now. I noticed my grip gets very tense. I was also thinking maybe since journaling is the answer Maybe my brain is using my cramps as a way to distract me while writing and further distance me from the cure. Just a thought